SETTING: In the car driving, playing the local country station on the radio
CAST: Marcy & Hudson
Alan Jackson's song "Country Boy" is playing (for those not familiar with the words, following is a short excerpt):
‘Cause I’m a country boy,
I’ve got a 4-wheel drive
Climb in my bed, I’ll take you for a ride
Up city streets, down country roads
I can get you where you need to go
’cause I’m a country boy
Hudson: Mommy, is Daddy a "counchy" boy?
Marcy: (laughing) sure, Daddy's a country boy.
Hudson: Am I a counchy boy too?
Marcy: You sure are!!
Hudson: But Mommy, you're not a counchy boy, huh? Only me and Daddy.
Too funny!! Sure wish that kid could grew up a country boy. I just have a feeling he would love it--and it would teach him such great work ethic! Too bad land cost an arm and a leg up here. I LOVE small, small town living, but to be honest, Hudson's right--I am not too much of a true country "boy" so to speak. I don't want to deal with well water contamination or have to drive 20 minutes or more to grab a gallon of milk!
5 comments:
Cute boy---country or not!
Oh, I love him.
Oh, Marcy, I could give you a few more reasons not be a country boy. Cows in the front yard, rattlesnakes in the basement (front porch, front yard, etc), fellow country neighbors whose kids have dirt bike tracks in their "back yards" and ride on them at all hours of the day or night. Oh, but the sunsets sure are purty ;)
That's so cute!!
He's observant... we listen to that song a lot and Zayne's just in his own world humming to himself, looking out the window and kicking his legs... kinda like Britt! :)
I want to live in the country too... maybe one day, Marcy!!
that is... maybe one day we can experience the terrors of country life... we'll see what happens to both of us in the future!!
Post a Comment