Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Making Headway...

Bathroom painted (check)
Bedroom painted (check)--it did take 3 GOOD coats
Countertops painted (check)
Vanities painted (check)
All the oak wood primed (check)--door jams and window seals
new trim purchased (check)--but still sitting in the garage
New bed purchased and put together (check)

So, now I have just got to get out to the garage and start painting trim! I don't want to post pictures until the trim is up because I noticed when I posted pictures of Hudson's room, that hideous trim sticks out like a sore thumb!

We got a lot accomplished this weekend, but Hudson came down with a stomach virus on Saturday--middle of the night. Why do kids always wait to puke until like 1:00 AM--and get it all over themselves, their bedding--UGHHH!

Guess who got it next? ME! It was SO brutal, but thankfully it only lasted for 24 hours. I had to call Craig home from work on Monday because I could barely MOVE! Glad I got most of my work done before I got sick.

We have our good, good friends, Jeremy & Niki and their 4 kids, coming for the weekend. Should be lots of fun--and lots of chaos!! Hudson is ready to see Kate! So, now I am trying to get the house ready--get stocked up on groceries and all that good stuff. Sure wish we could have got the trim done before they came! Oh well.....

4 comments:

As We Are said...

Wow, I'm worn out just reading this! You are a busy lady! I can't wait to see after pics.

Becky Dietz said...

Wow! All that and time to get sick, too??? You're superwoman!

amy wright said...

Are you one of those people who makes out a To Do list after everything is done, just so you can go back and mark off all of the things you have accomplished? I am. :)

Emily Suzanne said...

Sounds so exciting!! Sorry about the stomach bug... that sucks bigtime!
But it looks like you've done a lot either way! Hope ya'll have fun this weekend!