I have gone back and forth whether or not to blog about my journey, and yet I know so many of you know--and I'm not a very private person anyway, so I decided I would blog. I feel like just sitting down and letting it rip. I know some people find it odd to write about such private things, but I know just close friends and family read this anyway!!
Well, we had our first fertility procedure this past month and were to find out on Mother's Day if it worked. Unfortunately, it did not. I didn't think I would feel this way, but I think I am beginning to open up my heart to the fact that I might not hold another baby of my own, and it's a sad, sad realization for me. Tonight, my husband and I shared a VERY good cry together--something we have not done EVER since we have started trying to have kids over 5 years ago. He just held me and let me cry--let me tell him I'm scared I won't hold another baby--let me tell him that I feel less of a mom because I might only have ONE--just let me say somethings out loud that I have never said out loud.
At times along this journey, I think I have felt ok about maybe not having another baby, but possibly adopting (which is still an option). I think I have felt guilty at times if I do feel sad because I don't want to lose precious time being a mom to Hudson by moping around and being sad. I don't want to grow bitter, and let this infertility consume me--like it does many, many woman. I have been able to laugh and tease about it, and I have held my head high, but today, I am just plain ol' sad about it all. And it just feels so good to release it and know that it's ok to feel this way--doesn't mean I don't trust God, just means I might need to grieve the fact I might not ever rock another one of MY babies again. Makes me wish I would have known Hudson would possibly be our first and last--and now he's three already. WOW! It makes me look at him differently--if he's the only child from my very own womb, I want to cling to each moment and to love, love, love him!
I don't want to put a damper on anyone, but I just felt like "writing" it all down. We are trying to make sense of why one of the strongest desires of my and Craig's hearts has been such a struggle. I have always, always wanted to be a mom. And once Hudson came, I knew even more that I LOVED being a mom, and I wanted more. It just doesn't seem right to only have one child--I just can't wrap my head around it.
So here we are. Who knows what our future holds, but I feel tonight like the dream is dying here, and if it is, I just needs Christ's strength to help me let it go.
P.S. My friend Jana once blogged about the stupid things people have said to her trying to comfort her about her son, Joshua's, leukemia. The other day, a girl with the BEST intentions told me that maybe we don't have another baby because God knows what I can handle!! She's saying this as she is holding her SECOND baby!! I graciously (which isn't like me) said, "yeah, maybe so." When what I wanted to say was something like this--"Oh, so God knows you can handle 2, but I can't? Does God think I can only love one baby? What exactly do you mean by what I can handle??" So, I say that all to say encouragement always welcomed, but sometimes just a simple, "I'm so sorry" works REALLY well.
10 comments:
Marc- I really am sorry. And I think that you are one of the best moms I've ever seen. I hate that you feel like your dream is dying. It makes my heart really, really hurt for you guys. I love you and I'm still praying for you and Craig.
Let me at her...I'll punch her in the face. What a ridiculous thing to say!
Even being a million miles away from you and your family, I admire you as a mommy. I will continue to pray that God will bless you with another little one to love.
Marcy, I really am sorry that you and Craig are going through this. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be. How insensitive of that lady! Just because you don't have a second baby YET doesn't mean you can't handle one. I don't know what it means other than God's plan for you is perfect. Whatever that plan may be, I have know clue, but it's perfect. I admire your ability to be open and transparent and let it all hang out. God, I pray that you would open Marcy's womb. I pray that, in Jesus' name, you would allow her body to function the way you meant for it to function! Mend whatever needs mending. Give her and Craig the strength and courage they need to keep on truckin'. You're bigger than infertility, God! I know it's not from You, and I believe that You are going to be glorified in this somehow. In Jesus' name, Amen!!!
I hope you're encouraged today, Marcy.
Marcy
I love you and I'm so sorry what you guys are going through. When I was reading your blog I started to cry I know how much you guys have gone though. Father God I'm in agreement with Lindsay in Jesus Name open Marcy womb and give her the strength. I thank you that you chose us to be sisters. I thank you for what is to come in her family. I thank you for her family that it is going to grow. Jesus name Amen
Well, Marcy,I woke up at 4:00 this morning with indegestion---after being really tired last night!! And I kept wondering why I'm awake. I hadn't been to my blog all weekend and then read some comments on facebook and headed over here. All I can tell you is that God woke me up to sit and cry with you. And I am. I love you.
Oh girl, I'm just sending GRACE to you right now from a thousand miles away! I just speak LIFE and LIFE abundant over your heart, mind, and womb. He knows the desires of your HEART honey. Just hang in there!
By the way, I think that chick only said that to you because she's dealing with the reality of 2 kids and SHE'S the one having a hard time handling it!
And Happy Mother's Day! You are a GREAT mom!!! I can't wait to read your blog in a few years to see how ALL your kids are driving you nuts! Be ready to have a house FULL!!!
Hi, you don't know me, but I am a friend of Amy Wright. I was reading her blog and saw your title post in the blog reel. I just had to comment because my heart sank when I read your words. I'm so sorry you are going through this. We have struggled with infertility with 2 of our 3 children and have had 3 miscarriages. Nobody truly understands the heartache month after month, year after year as another struggling with infertility. My heart goes out to you and I hope it's ok if I keep you in my prayers.
Please feel free to email me if you need an understanding shoulder or ear. {HUGS}
Kara
Thanks guys. It's a new day today and we truck on. We had a moment this weekend, but I think it was good to have a moment. I think it's the first time I actually cried on Craig's shoulder through this and let him hold me. It was good for us. Thanks for all the encouraging words!
Marcy-thanks for sharing so honestly. Someday you will know why you had to go through this but until then it does stink! I think your attitude is amazing. One of my favorite verses "I would have despaired unless I had believed I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13
Love you-Lori
I'm so sorry my sweet, sweet friend! I know I'm reading this late and I'm just reading of your struggle. but I'm crying for you tonight as I read it and I'm so sorry. I love you!
Post a Comment