Thursday, May 14, 2009

You Are Good....

I have been listening to the Gateway CD the last few days, and there's a Kari Jobe song on there that has just been BURNING in me! The first time I heard it, the tears just rolled down my cheeks as I was driving. I must have played in at least 10 times over and over and over, and just sang at the tops of my lungs

Your kindness leads me to repentance
Your goodness draws me to my knees
Your mercy calls me to be like you
Your favor is my delight

Everyday, I'll awaken my praise and pour out
a song in my heart

You are good
You are good
You are good
Your mercy is forever!!

So, many of you probably know that song, but if you don't, you've got to find it and listen to it. Like I said, I just let the tears roll down my cheeks as I was driving--lifting my hands and thanking Him for his goodness to me. It reminded me of the verse that Craig and I chose as our "life" verse from Hab. 3:17-18. To summarize, it says something about even if there are no cows in the barn, no grapes on the vines, no food in the field, no sheep in the pen, I will still praise God and be joyful in Him!! So I add to that list, even if there is NO MORE BABIES in our family, God's goodness doesn't change, and I can still be joyful in Him and sing to Him about His goodness to me!! He is so good, and it has been so freeing for me to just say that to Him so much in the last few days!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I LOVE that song as well. Dave and I have been singing in it church recently too. It's so simple, but so powerful!

The Wright Five said...

yes, yes...but there WILL be more babies! Or at least more baby :)

Emily Suzanne said...

I love how God leads us to a place of contentment with what He's given us and where we're at right NOW... and how this opens doors for him to work for our future as well.
Just enjoy what He's given/giving you. because it is REALLY really good!! (God's teaching me this right now,so I'm excited about it)
I haven't heard the new Gateway cd, but I'm going to find it!!

amy wright said...

I listened to this song and it is very beautiful. I love the way that God uses music to minister to us in ways that nothing else could.
Love you! And I'm still praying for you.