Friday, June 12, 2009

Letting the Cat out of the Bag

If you follow my blog at all, you may know that getting pregnant has not come easy for us. And once again, our latest "infertility treatment" attempt has failed, so we are coming out with some other news--we are officially in process of adopting. We have kept quiet about this for the last few months, and secretly done doctors visits, paper work, got references, made tons of photocopies and phone calls, attended one orientation, had criminal checks done, etc., etc. We wanted to keep it all quiet because we knew we were still going to pursue some options at the infertility clinic as well. So as of 2 days ago, we are taking a break from the clinic for the summer, and going full force for adoption. We have our first weekend training next weekend--so Craig's mom is coming to stay with Hudson for the weekend. We always thought we would try for an international adoption, but in the last few months, God has significantly changed our hearts. There are orphans in desperate need of a loving family right here in our own backyard, so we are adopting from Alberta--and chances are, we will get an older child. It's a lot to take in, but we know God has put this on our hearts. So, we're off to training, then we will be able to get our homestudies complete. If they accept us as a suitable family, we will then be waiting for our child. Please pray for us and for this child--and for Hudson. There could be lots of new things in the next few months. I will keep you all posted--but for now, we wait!!

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Marcy,
I know that the prospect of adopting in no way substitutes your desires to carry a baby in your own tummy again, but I am so happy for you and your family. I think it's just wonderful!!! I pray everything goes smoothly for you in the coming months and that God shows you tremendous favor--whether that comes in the form of an adopted child or one of your own. Praying!

The Wright Five said...

Wow! That is HUGE! I'm praying GRACE over your sweet family. Keep us updated!

OuR LiTtLe SmArTiEs said...

No matter what I cant wait to meet our new family member!!! I cant wait until you guys get here

Becky Dietz said...

I love how big your hearts are...and I can't wait to see who the new Hallden is.

Amy said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'll be waiting with you!!!!

As We Are said...

I'm praying for the process! I also can't wait to hear more news and see what God is going to do with this.

lbbryant said...

That is so exciting Marcy!! I cannot wait to see the whole process. It is fun to think about that special person out there.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing people and I know God had the perfect kiddo for you guys!! So excited to see your new path!!

Emily Suzanne said...

Congratulations, Marcy! I'm so happy that God has given you guys peace about a direction and a plan. I know that always makes me happy! :)
I can't wait to see what comes of this and we will definitely keep you guys in our prayers.

kerri said...

Wow, Marcy! I am SOO excited about this...keep us posted.

Mendi said...

Praying for the three of you and the one to that is to become part of your family.

johnny and shan said...

What great news! We pray for you guys all the time--we just love you! Please keep us updated on what's happening with the adoption process...