Once Layson was here with us, we took off for British Columbia--just one province to the west, for a lake holiday. We loved every minute of it. We camped for 2 nights, and the rest of the time we were in Craig's parent's condo--a block from the beach. We relaxed on the beach, tubed, floated the channel, rode go carts, played mini golf, rented a big family bike, played football on the beach, and went for lots of ice cream. It was lots of fun having Layson with us. He sure did love Uncle Craig. So, we had to say good bye to Layson today--and that was tough. He cried and cried, and wrote the sweetest little note for Craig. It said something like, "Thanks for my trip to Canada. I will never forget it. I love you!!" So yeah, it's been a pretty quiet day around here today. I have had a lump in my throat ALL day.
Now, August will be a bit of a breather for us. And come September, Hudson will be starting pre school. So we have LOTS to work on in the next month to get him ready. I have posted a few pictures from our holiday, so enjoy. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to update you on adoption status, we are now approved for our home study--which probably won't happen until October, so we wait. Anyways, enjoy the pictures
Layson and Hudson on the beach

This was probably everyone's favorite activity at the lake

I hardly have any pics of me, so this one will have to do

Get ready for a tube ride


5 comments:
It was great to get to see you and Hudson. He's such a cutie and my kids also had a blast with him. You looked beautiful, as always, and I loved our talk with my family. You always give me a good laugh. :) Thanks for taking time to come and see us.
Layson and Hudson look so much alike (I know I've said that before.) I'm sure that people thought they were brothers.
And YAY for approval for home study. I'm so excited to hear about this process as you guys go along. I love you!
Oh, and I would want to be your nephew, too. You guys do it right!
I KNOW how hard it is to try to fit in any visits when you come home to see family, so I feel so privileged that you came and spent the evening with us. We had a blast. We love when you come---the only thing that would make it better is if Craig came with you! Hudson was a delight!
Sounds like it was worth the time away. I'm so glad you were able to see all of those great people. Although, the Kelleys were clearly missing from that list :-) Good to have you back. I'll keep praying for the adoption process to go smoothly.
Oh I totally agree with Amy..Hudson and Layson look like twins! Except the obvious size difference :) It was good to see you for a sec at the pool!
Post a Comment