Our basement isn't totally finished--no drywall on the ceiling yet. So Craig rigged up a rope and Hudson tied one of his stuffies to the end of the rope. He would swing the rope all around. Then, they got the bright idea to rig up another one. Hudson would say, "One, two, three, THROW!!" And you had to try to make the stuffies on the ropes collide in mid air. The next thing I know, the exercise ball is involved as well as other stuffies. Boy and their imaginations!!
Here's Bumblebee chasing Daddy (aka Buzz Lightyear). This game will last as long as Craig will do it.




I decided one day to put brown paper on the kitchen table and let each of the 4 chairs around the table be a different station of things to do. Station One was painting with tempura paints. Station Two was finger painting with chocolate pudding. Station Three was glitter glue and Four was just markers. As you look at the following progression of pictures, you will see that we didn't make it to the last 2 stations around the table.

Then he realizes he could taste it as he painted.

He dropped some on his tummy, and went to wipe it off with his already dirty hands. It was downhill from there.

Yes, I encouraged him to make a mess!! Hudson is generally more of a neat freak, so I want him to be okay with getting dirty.

Oh yeah, it was EVERYWHERE--and this isnt' even the worst of it.

He had a ball!! It was totally worth the mess. He talked about it for DAYS!!
Craig's mom and dad were here last weekend. Sorry Linda, I know this is you in your pjs, so you won't be too happy with me, but this picture was too cute not to post. Hudson sat like this for the longest time playing his Leapster.
Craig and I went out one night, and Hudson carved a pumpkin with Papa. Grandma helped him roast the seeds. He thought the pumpkin smelled yucky, but Linda said he wanted to keep smelling it.

Hudson has been BEGGING to make a scarecrow for weeks. So we finally helped him put a little one together to sit out on the front steps.
Stuffing the boots with paper.

Putting all the parts together.

Hudson with the finished product--scarecrow Hudson as he named him--since he was wearing Hud's clothes. He was so excited that he was wearing HIS clothes!!






3 comments:
I love all of the pictures. It's good to see that Jay's not the only one involved in chases around the house. :)
The pudding is hilarious. I can only imagine what would happen if I let our boys do that. They wouldn't be as cute about it...it would be EVERYWHERE...all over each other and the walls, I'm sure.
I love your scarecrow Hudson. Where did you get the idea? Cute!
And the snow is beautiful. Hud has a snazzy sled. :)
Marcy Faye!
I'm so proud of you for LETTING Hudson play in the pudding! That's awesome! I'm sure he's still talking about it. SEND THE SNOW on down! I can't wait!
I LOVE the mess! And Hudson does remind me of Zayne... Z loves Bumblebee!! and of course has the Optimus outfit for Halloween... AND we also have that same Buzz Lightyear toy... which we ALSO run in circles around the house with as a game :)
FUN!~!
That snow looks beautiful!
Post a Comment