Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We Have Done Our Part

We had the last part of our homestudy tonight with the social worker. I have a really good feeling about it--and she was very positive about our chances when she was leaving. She is actually contracted out by the government, so she doesn't really match us with any kids. She does, however, write a 25 page report ALL about us that she submits to the government--in which she puts facts as well as her opinion of us. She sends it to our government case worker in the next week or so. Then, our case worker comes to meet us, review our homestudy report with us, and we sign off on it. We are hoping this part will get done before Christmas break. The girl that did our homestudy said that she would let us know when she has passed it on to our gov. worker, so that we could call and put the pressure on her!! So, we're done our part in the process. Now. it's pretty much a waiting game. It feels crazy to think we could be match with a child or sibling group in a few months--or sooner--or later. I'm praying for God to give me a patient heart as I wait--to enjoy my last few moments with only have one easy, laid back kid, and to just enjoy this season.

3 comments:

The Wright Five said...

It's gonna be great! Keep us posted!

Mendi said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am eager to see the little one(s) that are brought your way.

Becky Dietz said...

You know...I'd say that is the lessong God has taught me recently. ENJOY the moment! You don't know what's coming next, so if you have the time to rest, do it! That way you'll be ready for the next big event God has planned! It's gonna be so good, Marcy!!! You're PREGNANT!!! Pregnant with God's blessing.