Monday, February 1, 2010

Let the Waiting Begin

We've crossed our t's and dotted our i's, so now, we wait! Yep, it's official, we have been approved. I guess someone saw something in us that was ok to adopt a little punky. Just a few highlights from our meeting today with our social worker.

First, we get to the office, and even though I have had the conversation with Hudson that we are going to talk to a lady about getting a child for our family, when we walk in, he thinks we are at the doctor's office. And actually, the waiting room looked a lot like a waiting room at the doctor's office. So again, I tell him the reason we are here. After a few minutes, our social worker calls us back into an interview room to chat. We were sitting around a table talking, and Hudson walks up after a few minutes and quietly says, "Mommy, are you hurt?" And I say back in a whisper, "no." Then Hudson replies, "Oh, is Daddy hurt?" Again I say, "No." Then Hud says, "Am I hurt?" And I say, "No." And I realize as I am saying no that he still thinks we are at the dr. Then he quickly says, "Ohhhhh, this is just a check up?" Funny boy.

When we first sit down to chat with our worker, she right off the bat tells us that we "read" VERY well. She tells us that she is a TOUGH worker and that even she thought we "read" really well. I'm guessing our 25 page homestudy???? So at first, it's almost like she wanted to crack us--you know--like find a fault or something. But in no time, Craig had her feeling right at ease--in true Craig fashion. By the time we had told her of our plans to move in 2 months, she was telling us how sad she was that she wouldn't be our worker after that. So glad we won her over.

Although I feel at ease, we are planning to adopt a kid in the government system. These kids have been through CRAZY things, and it is scary. My biggest hope is that whatever kid we are matched with, that there will be a bond and a chemistry there. If I have that chemistry or bond, I know that we will be able to get through ANY thing. So if there was anything I would ask for prayer about, it would be that when they call us with a potential match, that our spirits would just know and feel that peace when it's the right child for our family.

In the mean time, we wait. And we list our house. And we go find a new house in Pincher Creek. And we pack. And we move. And we unpack. And we find a new church. And we try to make new friends. And we say good bye to some of our best friends here. And my parents come to visit. So luckily, we have a lot to keep us busy while we wait :).

4 comments:

amy wright said...

I'm praying with you guys.

As We Are said...

Such exciting and busy times! I will pray for you guys as well.

Becky Dietz said...

Oh, Marcy...I am so excited! I'm agreeing with your prayer requests. And I'm praying you will all KNOW when you meet your next child. And that Hudson will be absolutely hooked! Way to go, Craig!!!!!

Emily Suzanne said...

I'm excited for you guys! A lot of transition, but also a lot of GOOD things on the horizon! Praying for ya'll as you go through this and that you will have that peace that passes understanding, miraculously stable with you throughout it all.