Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hello Paul

You may remember the name Paul Brandt from a previous post back in December. Our family absolutely loves this guy. Even Hudson loves him. In fact, check out Hudson in action.

Paul lives out in the country--near Cochrane. We've had a few encounters with him. Once he was behind us in line at Starbucks, so we bought his coffee. But we have never met him face to face. Well, that is until TODAY!! We were at the pet store just looking around. We were about to leave, and Craig says, "Marcy, look who is just leaving." He was so calm, so I didn't pay much attention. Then, he says it again--and we were already walking towards the door, and I look up to see Paul Brandt leaving. So I catch up to him, and say, "Paul, Paul." He finally hears me then stops. I told him that my son loves him and would he mind meeting him. Good thing I had Hudson with me--you can use your kids for ANYTHING!! Well, but Hudson really does love him too. So Paul says sure and ask his name, and I tell him Hudson. So, Craig and Hudson walk up and Paul says, "Hi Hudson!!" Then I say, "Hudson, this is Paul Brandt!!" Paul asks Hudson was his favourite song was, and Hudson happily says, "Shotgun!" Then Paul sang a couple of lines. He then asked how old Hudson was and asked Craig and I what our names was and told us it was nice to meet us. It was really cool. Then Hudson called his Papa to let him know, "I met Paul Brandt. NOOOO, the REAL Paul Brandt!" HA.

On our way to Phoenix, we got to see the WHOLE Calgary Flames NHL hockey team walk right in front of us. We saw ALL of them--could have touched them. It was really neat--and Craig was just pumped to see those guys that close up. We went to have lunch, and Craig said, "that would be like you getting to meet Paul Brandt." Then I said, "well, I need to do it soon before we move." I never thought I would. And 2 weeks later, what do you know.

No telling who we will run into next.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a fun story! And something Hudson will always remember.

Becky Dietz said...

Isn't it nice when a celebrity takes the time to interact with a fan? He has no idea how he blessed one little boy (and his mama!)!