As you may recall, I started my new work out routine back in September. However, three weeks in, I hurt my knee skating, so I had to take 3 weeks off. I started back up middle of October, and I haven't looked back. I met with a trainer--Paula--twice a week. After about a month of this, I decided that I better drag my sorry butt to the gym a few more times a week to reap the full benefit of this new lifestyle called exercising.
So at some point in November, I began going to the gym 4-5 times a week--twice with the trainer. The more and more I went, the better I felt. At this point, I hadn't really tweaked my diet yet. At some point in December, I noticed my clothes getting a bit loser--or just fitting better. I just felt more comfortable. AND, I was becoming addicted to exercising. Before Hudson was born, Craig and I had a pretty active lifestyle. We weren't really gym rats, but we mountained biked in the summer and ran pretty much all year round. That seemed to be enough to keep us healthy and somewhat fit.
BUT, once I had Hudson, everything kind of went downhill. I can't even blame it on "baby" weight either. I think life just happened, and I got stuck in a rut--even a bit of depression. Not so much a sad depression, but more like I just didn't really care about much--not myself, my health or much of anything else really. And I honestly had NO idea how much weight I had really gained. My self perception was WAY off.
So, we moved to Pincher Creek, and I decided it was time to take control of my health. In the new year, I decided to sign on for a boot camp at the gym. Now I am going to boot camp (which is kicking my butt) twice a week, working out with my trainer once a week, and on my own twice a week. I am getting strong. My endurance is getting there. I am seeing results in my fitness. YES!! Everything is going GREAT--except.....
MY DIET!!! Yep. The good ol' diet. I went into the whole working out thing in baby steps. I am usually an all or nothing kind of girl--which is NOT a good thing by the way, but I knew if I was going to be successful at getting fit and losing weight, I would have to do it in a way that was managable--BABY steps. So as of Monday, I have decided it was time to tackle my diet. I realized that I was working so incredibly hard at the gym, but it was kind of wasted if I wasn't going to eat healthy--and I was working WAY too hard to waste it on unhealthy eating.
So stay tuned for more details on how the healthy eating is going. So far, I'm 5 days in, grumpy, irritable and have major headaches. BUT, I have lost 2 pounds, and I am still eating lots, not injecting any hormones or taking any pills, and best of all, I am eating HEALTHY carbs--all kinds of fruits and whole grains. So basically all I've cut out is sugar--and it's working!
7 comments:
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I'm so jealous of your work out motivation! Way to go you beast :) Cutting out sugar sucks at first, but after about 2 weeks you just adjust to it. You can do it!!! I'm impressed!
Great job Marce! I too am working on revamping my eating in an effort to finish my 8 year adventure of gaining and losing weight. I am doing just what you are - no gimics. It takes a little longer but it is much more permanent. I look forward to hearing more about your journey - I need the encouragement for myself!
This is so funny because I'm the exact same way. A couple of years ago I went full force with the workouts. But my diet sucked. Then last year I decided I needed to eat better and I've been doing great with that, but exercise is not even in my vocabulary. If I could just mesh the two together, maybe I'd have rock hard abs and some guns to go with them. haha
This is when I had someone like you living close by to meet a goal with.
Oh, and I want to talk to you again. Call sometime. Nothing big...just wanted to catch up some more.
Coming off sugar is a bummer, isn't it? Geez, that's why I'll never be addicted again. Way to go on the workouts. I wish I was as disciplined with my exercise as I am with what I put in my mouth...baby steps, right?
Soooooo impressed with all of you girls. I wish I had motivation...of any kind! Or wish I could blame it on depression. Or wish I could blink and be the size I was when I married. Or...anything but exercise and eat right!! ;)
Way to go Marcy! Let me know if you need any pointers/info on exercise or nutrition - I've got a couple of degrees in Kinesiology ;)
Post a Comment