Monday, January 31, 2011

A Little Glance at Our Winter Thus Far

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged. My intentions are good, but I just can't seem to find the time. We've been busy this winter, so I just wanted to post a few pictures of what's keeping us busy. We've got us a rookie hockey player in the house. He started in October, and we're still going strong. Ok, we're still going--don't know about the strong. Is it me, or is 6 months WAY too long of a season for 4 year olds?


Camping out in Hudson's room. We've got a couple of kids in our cul d' sac, so Hudson has some playmates over quite often. This little peanut is Isabelle. Hud calls her Es Zabelle (like Isa on Dora I think). They play great together, and she's already telling her mom that she wants to marry Hudson. He's just not ready to commit yet. He still thinks he's marrying me. I like it that way.


One day he was just sitting in the van with his hands on his crossed legs. Who is this guy?


He had a sleep over in one of the spare rooms--with all his stuffies. He LOVES his stuffies.


We've been doing quite a bit of skating this winter. I tore my MCL in my knee my first skate of the season, so I'm a bit nervous on my skates now. I love doing fun stuff with my family.


Hudson got this air hockey for Christmas. We've played many a game on this table already.


Hudson's first year skiing. He's absolutely crazy out there, but he loves it. He's actually getting pretty good. We've gotten to go quite a bit since we're less than 30 minutes to the hill. He got his own skis, boots, googles and helmet for Christmas this year.


All the guys before heading out to chop some fire wood. We are LOVING having a wood burning fireplace in our house. Hudson seriously asks every single night, "Can we enjoy the fire before I have to go to bed?"


The Inn Keeper in our Christmas production at the church. Pretty darn cute.

We've also done lots of swimming, cuddling by the fire, reading tons of books, doing a million crafts, playing Mario Kart, playing board games galore, and just really enjoying being together as a family this winter. Hope you are having a cozy winter too.

3 comments:

amy wright said...

The one with his legs crossed made me laugh. He's such a fun little guy.

Becky Dietz said...

I love that he's going to marry his mom!

Emily Suzanne said...

You guys are so fun and active! We don't have much of a winter here, so your activities are so inspiring! We still need to go skiing and had our first wood fire before bed last night. Love getting updated on you guys!!!