Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nesting

I cannot believe I haven't blogged since February, but to be honest, I have lost interest. I'm trying to decide if I will keep going, but I am not ready to call it quit just yet. But I think if I wait 6 months between each post, no one will be reading anyway.

Quick update. Tara is almost to 30 weeks. It hasn't been without complications, but God has been so faithful up to now. At one point, Tara was dilated to almost a 2 and had to be taken by ambulance to Amarillo to try to get labour stopped. That was weeks ago. This past week, when the doctor checked her, he said, "You are not going to believe this, but your cervix is closed and high and thick!!" Sorry if that's too much info, but I just have to say it because it gives God the glory. He told Tara that that just doesn't happen, and he even said it was a miracle. These precious little babies have been prayed for so much.

I have also been so blessed by the many people who have stepped up to help Tara while she has been off work and on bedrest with meals, gift cards, paying her bills, bringing her groceries and everything else. It has helped ease her stress so much, and kept the babies where they need to be. So, if that's anyone reading this, THANK YOU!!

So, I have been nesting. I have found some of Hudson's old clothes, washed them all up. I got some great new hand-me downs for Hannah, and have washed them up. I have washed blankets, wash clothes, and towels. Heck, I even went ahead and packed Hannah and Reed's bag that we will have to take to Texas. We bought some lower cribs from Ikea, and I painted them--what a headache!! But as of today, I have the nursery completed. And other than the cribs, everything else in the room comes from somewhere else in our house, so it's a nursery on a budget. Have a look.

This is Hudson's contribution for the babies. He went through all one million of his stuffies, and picked out a meager few for Hannah and Reed that were "babyrish". Hudson uses "rish" at the end of things instead of "ish" and I just adore it.


Look at some of these little shoes. Many so impractical, but so stinkin' cute.



Clean clothes in the closet, and baskets labeled.






Don't know what I will put in the black squares, but I want to find some cool vintage toys for some of the empty spots.



Putting Reed by the window. I always had a thing about sleeping by the window--I just think it's the guy's job.


So now, we just need 2 little peanuts to come and fill our lives.

7 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

How soon will it be cold in Canada--or how early will they need those fuzzy outfits? Love the nursery. Have loved getting to pray over those babies so often. God is AMAZING!! (Love the nursery!!)

Becky Dietz said...

You're gonna HAVE to blog after those babies come---we'll want to see everything!

amy wright said...

I love your nursery. During my first jaunt to Ikea, I saw their cribs and loved them. Sorry you had to paint them, though. And put them together, for that matter. By the way, just keep the blog and update it 4 times a year for mom and me. :) Love you and can't wait to see H&R.

kerri said...

I love your nursery too, your organization, your decoration! Everything! Keep us posted...don't quit your blog (I pretty much did!) but you can't! :) Miss you. Praying for the babies. Love Ker

As We Are said...

No, don't stop blogging! I feel like I just met you, and now I'm so attached to your story. You can't leave us hanging on how those sweet babies grow :) So excited for you!

Kathy Seidler said...

I don't know how you'll have time to keep up the blogging, but I hope you make time. It just might be therapeutic for you! Love you Marcy, and can't wait to meet Hannah and Reed in person!

Lynn Dove said...

Marcy, I just so love your blogging about life in general. Don't stop! Even when those precious babies come and you don't feel like there are enough hours in your day. There is a book just begging to be written inside of you, and blogging is a good start.
I'm just rejoicing that those babes (and Hudson) are growing strong and healthy. Can't wait to welcome the twins soon!
Luv ya,
Lynn