On August 25, 2011? I will be in Borger, Texas meeting my son and daughter for the very first time. I can hardly wait, and yet I can wait because on August 25, Hannah and Reed will only be 36 weeks, so I don't want them to come a second sooner. I cannot believe that I am only five, yes FIVE weeks away from the rest of my life changing for the better.
To be honest, since I'm not the one pregnant, I don't have that feeling of just wanting to be done with the pregnancy. In fact, I am glad that I have 5 more weeks to enjoy our family of 3. Even though we are greatly anticipating the arrival of Hannah and Reed, I feel like the next few weeks for us is the calm before the storm. So what will we do for the next few weeks, you ask?
*Get the exterior of the house painted
*Weed the flowerbeds AGAIN
*Clean this house like it's never been cleaned
*Sleep in EVERY single chance I get
*Enjoy my 5 year old
*Camp
*Hike
*Go for bike rides
*Go to the gym
*Pack
*Have 4 different families come stay with us (all close friends)
*Cook up some meals for the freezer (this is SO not my forte, but I am going to try)
*Go on a date with my husband
*One last family becation--as Hudson calls vacation--I like the word becation better because it describes us just about right. He LOVE to relax and just "Be" on vacation.
*Getting all the baby gear washed up and ready to go
*Finishing up some dental work
*Read as many books as possible
*Lay in bed with Hudson at night and snuggle
*Do as much with friends as possible--which isn't as much as some people like because we get socialized out pretty fast, but I am going to try
*Enjoy the outdoors while the weather is decent
But mostly, I am just going to enjoy these 5 weeks as best as I can. I am not going to wish them to hurry by quickly or count down the days. I am going to breathe and rest. And when that day does finally come, I am going to rejoice because it's a day that we have waited on for the past 9 years!!
4 comments:
Where will I be? BORGER!!!
Little teary-eyed here. I'm so happy for you guys!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!! We're so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures!
Oh my, that's tomorrow! I am so excited for you both/all five. Your nursery looks super cute and sophisticated.
Please keep blogging, I check it, I read it! It's the only way I get to know what is going on with you! Can't wait to hear about life with twins.
Love you friend!
Post a Comment