This is what our tree looks like this year. Instead of getting out my big pre lit tree, Hudson asked if he could put his tree in the living room. I usually LOVE decorating for Christmas, but with the babies this year, I just didn't have it in me to go all out. So, I let Hudson put up his tree and all his ornaments in the living room, and I haven't touched it. And you know what? I kind of like it. It's endearing. And he's so proud that the presents are under HIS tree. And of course, the babies LOVE the multicoloured lights!I do believe we are finally settling into life as a family of 5. The twins are getting more and more into a routine every day. There were some pretty rough days. There were evenings that Hannah would cry for up to 2 hours without falling asleep in her crib. Now they seem to be in a good enough groove. Usually eat a bottle at 6 am with Daddy before he goes to work. They go right back to bed and wake up around 9 am. That was perfect for me--I am NOT a morning person, so I loved sleeping in. However, I have started back to the gym on Mon/Wed/Fri at 6:00am because it's the only time I can go. So, I no longer enjoy sleeping in on those days, and Hudson has school on Tues/Thurs. But, it's still nice that they sleep in. They are up for about an hour and back down for a nap. And that's pretty much how the rest of the day goes on a 3-4 hour eating schedule. They go the bed between 6:30 and 8:00 pm. I go in at 10:00 pm to feed one last bottle, and they sleep until 6:00am. And for all you "let 'em cry" haters, we actually did let them cry to drop the 3:00am feeding and it worked like a charm!! It was just as simple as closing their door, closing our door and turing on a box fan. And Wa La, they started sleeping until 6:oo am--and the bonus was that we didn't have to hear them cry.
Hudson is getting really good at entertaining the babies for me. It is so helpful. He'll just climb into their crib with them and talk to them. Reed in particular LOVES Hudson, and looks for him. When I went to grab my camera for this shot of Hudson and Reed watching the mobile, Hudson asked me to PLEASE don't print that because he didn't want anyone to see him in the baby bed. HA! Well, I honoured his request, and didn't print it :).
And guess what Hannah has found??
And we are so happy. Reed is sucking his now too. They keep life interesting around here--that's for sure. They have quickly nestled their way right into our hearts and have become a part of our family. Life is beginning to feel "normal". So, we count our many blessings this year at Christmas and our so thankful for the best gift ever this year--Reed & Hannah--which completes our family. Merry Christmas everyone.
5 comments:
OH! I LOVE thumb suckers!!! She's adorable. And I love that Hudson loves his babies and entertains them. What a bond they're going to have. Thanks for a peek inside.
Yes, thanks for the blog post. It's so fun to see you guys and how it is all going.
Marcy,
Thank you for sharing your post about your sweet family.I miss and love you. Hannah and Reed are getting big. Hudson is getting big and looks like he adores and loves the babies.
God bless,
Manda
Hudson in the crib is just precious. What an amazing big brother. Wow!
I love hearing about what is going on with your family! So proud of your sweet family of 5!
Post a Comment