Hudson is obsessed with America's Funniest Videos, so he is always doing such (forgive my word choice) stupid--although it's cute-- stuff with the babies and asking me to video it and send it in. It's NEVER funny. His latest thing is to try to get on AFV is pretending to sleep and have the babies wake him up. I just wanted to share this video because the three little people in it are a direct result of God's faithfulness to me--which is what I intend to blog about if I can find the words to express my feelings.
Yesterday, I was on my way to Lethbridge for my ct scan on my head. I put in Steven Curtis Chapman's cd that he wrote after he tragically lost his little girl. WOW, there are some really good songs on that cd. I don't know what it is about music, but it's usually how God really speaks to my heart. Or at least, it's usually how the dialogue gets started anyways. Song # 5 came on, and I just broke. Humour me while I share some of the lyrics--or even better, go listen to the song on iTunes or something.
"I will proclaim it to the world
I will declare it to my heart
And sing it when the sun is shining
I will scream it in the dark.
You are faithful (repeat)
When you give and when you take away,
even then still your name is faithful
You are faithful
and with everything inside of me,
I am choosing to believe
You are faithful
I have to be honest, some days, having the twins has not been easy. Some days it has turned our world upside down. We have made sacrifices for sure. I have moaned and I have missed some of my freedoms. But yesterday on that drive, listening to that song--go listen to it on iTunes--I was so overwhelmed at God's faithfulness to Craig and I. The past 6 months, many days have been such a blur, and I will even admit at some times I have secretly longed for life before the babies, but yesterday, God whispered his love to my heart. He heard our many cries for more kids and a bigger family. He heard the prayers of a sweet little boy who wanted to be a big brother. And he answered in a bigger way than we could ever imagine. A scripture came to my mind from one of the Timonthys that says something like this: "even if we are faithless, HE will remain faithful because he cannot deny Himself." Today, I was totally blown away by that attribute of God. He is a faithful God. And He still would be a faithful God even if He only gave us Hudson. So today, I am choosing to look at all 3 of my kids, and I am choosing to work hard (and not grumble about the day to day things that a HARD) because they are God's gift to me. When I look at my kids, I can know that there is a God who LOVES me, and is faithful to ME! I am so thankful that when I have been faithless or even ungrateful, He remains steady--never changing--in His faithfulness to me. And not because it's about me, but because He won't deny Himself of being who He says He is. WOW! I don't know why I needed that whisper to my heart yesterday, but I did. And today, I am still basking in His faithfulness!!
1 comment:
Because of the background story, the video is hilarious.
God is so wonderful to me and what a blessing it is to be a mother. I love your heart.
Post a Comment