Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What does "Canuck" mean?

Good question from a Texan friend of mine. Canuck is a slang term for a Canadian. I used it instead of Canadian because it just sounds more fun and adventurous!

Several things on my mind right now. First of all, man, I am SORE!! Started back to running this week, and it totally kicked my butt. I was only able to go for 30 minutes and my poor body was crying out for mercy. Then yesterday, we took a little family bike ride--and the bike seat for Hud just happens to be on my bike, so I am toting another 35 pounds behind me. Not only is Hudson behind me enjoying the ride, he is lifting up my shirt, tickling me showing my crack to the whole world--just lovely! Anyway, we ended up at the tennis court. Craig got me a tennis racket for Mother's Day. So we try to get out there and hit the ball around, but it's hard with Hudson thinking he is on the team. So we only "played" for about 15 minutes before we decided to ride to a park and play. So today, I am pretty sore since I have been so inactive ALL winter!

Next thing on my mind is how much I love my husband. I know, I know, I have OFTEN dissed on other people for getting all lovey and mushy in public, but I have just been thinking lately of all the little things I like about Craig.
*He genuinely cares about me. He serves me and does LOTS of things to help lift a burden off of my shoulders.

*He is kind and gracious to people.

*He gives people compliments--and he TRULY means them, and they always seem to come at the right time. We will be walking into church, and he will tell a frazzled mother of 4 how nice she looks today, or what a good job she is doing as a mom. I LOVE hearing him compliment other people. I have seen so many people who just needed an encouraging word right then.

*He LOVES to laugh--and he has a really high pitch laugh. He's a very easy laugh, and he likes people to laugh at him. He WILL beat a dead horse when he thinks something is funny.

*He's a WONDERFUL dad, but I think that just goes unsaid.

*He loves kids--and I don't mean just ours. When we are in with the preschool kids at church, I love watching him interact. He also teaches grade 5-6 boys, and they all think he is so cool! Kids flock to him, and it's really neat to see him love on them.

*He's a hard, hard worker. He is VERY responsible, and extremely good at providing for his family.

*He's NOT perfect!! I love that.

*He cares about my dreams and desires.

*He is really sensitive. Did I say REALLY? I mean that in such a good way. He's not annoyingly sensitive, but the good kind of sensitive. He has such a sensitive heart.

*He puts people at ease. He can talk to ANYONE and make them feel like the most important person in that moment. He's good at conversation and finding out about people's lives.

*He's VERY handy around the house. That's a bonus! He can do LOTS of things, and isn't afraid to try new things.

Well, I suppose I could go on and on, but I will quit. I am very blessed to have him as my husband, and I guess I should go tell him all these things. Don't worry, I am not turning into a sappy person who will write full on love notes online for the world to see. It's just every now and again, I am OVERWHELMED at the gift I have in him.

1 comment:

Emily Suzanne said...

Thanks for explaining that to me! Canadians have such fun with words! You should be proud you are now a Canuck!!
And the appreciation of your husband was sweet! aww!