Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Canada Day!!

This is how I feel about holidays--I don't need to know what they are, just that I get to celebrate them with a Monday off work!! Well, I don't work, but Craig gets to stay home, and we usually do something fun as a family. Today just happens to be Canada Day. On a side note, one thing I LOVE about Canada, is that these people take their holidays VERY seriously. I think there is a long weekend almost every month of the year--which leads to one Monday a month of stat holiday from work!! YIPPEEE!! On top of it being a long weekend, we have had AWESOME weather, so we have taken total advantage of it.

Friday night, we went to one of Hudson's little buddy's birthday party. The kids played outside in the water, and we enjoyed pizza a ice cream cake from DQ--yum, yum. We rode our bikes over with Hudson on the back. He just LOVES doing that. He says, "Hudson go for a bike ride, too!" He wears his little helmet and just enjoys the breeze back there.

Saturday, Craig took Hudson on a hike in the mountains. I stayed home and did yard work and mowed the grass. I figured it was good for the boys to have some time without Mom around. Apparently it's always a little different atmosphere when I horn in :). Hudson had a blast with his Daddy hiking. He was in the backpack a lot of the time, and Craig said he talked non-stop in Craig's ear. Craig said every little elevation in the trail, Hudson would say, "Daddy climbin' a mountain!" SO cute. Then we had some of our good friends over for dinner that night. We cooked out burgers and ate outside. Hudson had fun showing his buddies the trampoline.

Then on Sunday, we skipped church. Hudson is getting a pretty bad cold, so we didn't want to get the other kids sick. Some moms don't really like it when you send your green snot nosed kid to the nursery with their healthy kids. So we hung out in the backyard all morning. We had a showing for our house in the afternoon, so we went to the pool. Hudson LOVES the fast waterslide there, so we did it about a million times. This cool little pool also has a lazy river as well as a couple of smaller size wading pools. Hudson and I had a good laugh at Craig when he did a "Cannon Ball" off the high drive.

So far today, we have played in the water and gone to the park. It's almost nap time, and I think I may take a nap too. I LOVE having Craig home from work sometimes--like today. I know you Americans will enjoy your 4th of July holiday soon.

1 comment:

Emily Suzanne said...

Sounds like you guys have been having so much fun! Wow! It inspires me to get out and about! It's really hot here right now... so hard to go to the park or anything outside!
Maybe I need to get a bike attachment so I can lug around the little guys at the park trails or something!! That sounds like a good idea!
Hudson seems to be getting so big! One day hopefully we can meet him!