Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas, Robots, and Craig's "Paberites"

I realize it's been a while since I last blogged--and so much has happened in the last few weeks. We have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! Last weekend, we had Craig's family here for our Christmas. It was the only time we could all get together for Christmas before we go to Texas. So, we have had the tree up for a few weeks, and after we opened gifts last weekend, it seemed like I should be taking it down! HA! We had a great time, and Hudson sure does enjoy his cousins--Liv and Will. They ran laps and laps around our house with their superman capes on, screaming, "Superman to the rescue!!" Too cute.

Here's Hudson helping decorate the tree before everyone got here. And he didn't break a single ball!!


Helping Grandma bake Mommy a birthday cake--we also celebrated my birthday early. Linda made my favorite cake. I got an ikea gift card, more sudoku, and photoshop!! YAY!


Hudson got all kinds of gifts from Papa and Grandma and Liv, Will, Kristy and Jay. He got some cds, and a cd case, stamps and ink pad, laser guns, Perfection (the POP game he calls it), blocks, a tractor, a view master (which HE LOVES), a harmonica ("monica"), books, and I am sure I am forgetting something!!


Notice Papa checking out his new GPS we got him!


It was chaos! We tried to start out one at a time, but the kids were all so eager to give their gifts to Grandma and Papa, so it was down hill from there!





The kids getting a lift up the hill!


Hudson and Will getting ready to go down!


Hudson LOVES having people around! But man, he was sure worn out by the time everyone left. I think he is still catching up on sleep.

Craig and I had a good Christmas too. We got MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!! Yahoo. I want to get more organizational stuff for my house, and a new desk. I also got some good lotion and a necklace and some good Christian fiction.

Next subject--Hudson the robot. He put this box on his head ALL by himself and came to me saying, "Look, I'n (yes, it misspelled on purpose cause that's how he says it) a wobot!!" So we of course had to at least fix the box up to look more Robotic!



He's played with this thing for hours in the last 2 days.


A few weeks ago, Becky tagged me about Craig's favorite things. I have no pictures, but just a quick list in no particular order....

*watching hockey
*playing hockey
*The Williams family
*Popcorn or cereal at night
*healthy food
*home cooked meals
*orange jello
*exercising
*anything outside--skiing, hiking, camping--anything like that
*travelling or experiencing other cultures
*laughing
*being goofy
*kids--any and all kids--and they all love him too
*drumming
*good music with a good beat
*drumming on the stirring wheel--does it all the time--it annoys me!!
*dancing
*a day off in during the week
*HEAT--hot weather any time, any where
*and of course, his family!

There you have it! I hope to blog maybe tomorrow on something that's been challenging me a lot lately!!

3 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

Looks like a great early-Christmas! When are you coming to Texas? I have no hope of seeing you now that your parents all live in Amarillo! hA! No fair on Craig's favorites---we need pics!

Anonymous said...

I wish we were going to be in TX to see you guys!
I love "craig's list" too. :) What a guy - tell him hello for me.

amy wright said...

Your life seems really simple, and I like it! I also like the birthday and Christmas gifts that you got. Hmmmm...I may be adding to my list of things that I want. :)
Hudson's "wobot" is hilarious! I would have laughed so hard watching him walk around in it. Did he try to eat while wearing it??
Craig's list is great. I saw that he loves hot weather...YES, I KNEW IT! You ARE going to move to Florida! :)