Thursday, February 26, 2009
Here We Go Again....
If you know me well, you know I can't sit idle very long, so I have started priming the ugly orangey oak trim upstairs!! What a BIG job! We are taking down the old trim and putting up new, thicker more modern trim, but I still have to prime and paint all the door jams and window seals. While I was at it, I decided to paint the bathroom vanities and countertops! Eventually, we want to totally redo the bathrooms, but for now, I have to do the cheap option. Besides, I have got to get rid of tht blue! I am ready to paint my bathroom and my bedroom, and I cannot handle the blue countertops for ONE more second. That has been the biggest job--sanding, priming, and then having to paint with melamine--which is oil based, so yucky, yucky!! But I did learn a new trick--I can put a wet brush and roller in the freezer overnight and use it again the next day--no clean up!! YAY! I'll have to post pictures when I am done! Now, I just have to motivate Craig to go buy new trim and tack it all up!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Never tried the freezer trick===great to know! I have put a plastic Wal-Mart bag over all of it and come back to it just fine.
I don't envy you! But I can't wait to see the results. MarcFaye Designs.
I HATE doing trim. I have no encouragement for you on that one. I hope it goes fast. There's one!
Hey Marcy, I know you don't hear from me often, but just an update on the Melamine. There is an water-based Melamine on the market now. Not sure if it is as hard as the oil, but they claim it is?? Just a thought. Sounds like you are a busy lady.
Uncle Brian
Post a Comment