We have changed the location of our playroom in our house. You know how sometimes you just have live somewhere for a little while before you really know how you want it set up? Well, our house in Pincher Creek is a bi-level floorplan, which basically means we have a basement under our mainfloor which the exact amount of square feet as our main level. Our house isn't very big really, but because of the layout, we have SIX bedrooms--3 up and 3 down. So, we've set up our house so that guests can stay in the basement bedrooms (there is also our family room, mudroom, laundry room, and another full bathroom in the basement), and we live on the main level (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, and livingroom). So when we initially moved in, we put the playroom in the back corner of the basement in one of the spare bedrooms. This room had laminate wood flooring, so we thought it would be good for the playroom. We have 2 guest rooms downstairs, and the playroom was right across the hall from one of the guestrooms. I decided that since the playroom doesn't really get used much--the kids seem to go in, get toys, and bring them out to the family room--that I would change the playroom to the smallest bedroom in the front, and then the 2 back bedrooms would be guest rooms. Make sense, eh? So, it's finally done! Now all I have to do is paint the NEW guest room, and I'll be done. Hoping to get it done in the next 2 days!

The smaller guest room with a double bed and our computer. We have since moved the computer upstairs, and this room has become the new playroom.

Awwwww, some serious organization. If everything has a place, I find Hudson will put everything back in it's proper place when he cleans up. I am tempted to label the bins, but I'm trying not to get THAT anal!

The circles are hot pads made of cork that we use as a bulletin board for all Hudson's crafts he makes.

I have wanted these little storage bins from Ikea for quite some time, and finally bit the bullet and bought them. I love them for a kid's room.
The room is pretty small, but other than the bins under the window and the table and chairs, there is nothing else in there, so there is quite a bit of space to play. There will be an air hockey table coming at Christmas, so that was part of my motivation to get this done--so we'd have a place to put that!
4 comments:
It looks great! I love your clean, simple decorating style.
I'm with Amy---I love your style! If only you lived closer, I'd let you decorate for me.
Thanks Amy & Becky. Plain and simple, I just don't like clutter period--so I guess I decorate accordingly.
Awesome! I must admit you have more self control than I do..... I labeled! My excuse was that Isaiah can read the labels but the truth is it was my organizational side in full swing. Merry Christmas you all!
Post a Comment