
WOW, we have had a busy, busy, busy few weeks!! It all began 2 weeks ago when the Williams came to stay with us for 5 days. Jeremy & Niki are some of our dearest friends. They have 4 kids--Levi 9, Coleman 7, Kate 2 1/2, and Cason 1. As most of you know, we are trying to sell our house, so I wasn't sure how showings would go with this many people staying here!! Luckily, we got an offer the second day they were here, and didn't have to show it at all!! Hudson loved spending time with the boys on the trampoline, and loved playing with Kate. They have been buddies since the day they were born.

Hudson and Katie
The kids did great!! We shuffled everyone around until we finally came up with a good sleeping plan. The first night, we had Hudson in a play pen in our walk in closet. When I put him to bed in there, he was loving it. I came downstairs to do the dishes and some laundry. I could hear him faintly SCREAMING, "Mommy!!! Mommy!! Mommy Help!!" I was wondering why he sounded so frantic and yet so muffled. I ran upstairs to find the closet door somehow got shut, and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. I don't know for how long!! Poor little guy. When I opened the door, he said, "Mommy, Huddy is scared of the dark!" He was sweaty and snotty nosed. So we went out the the front porch to cool off, and back to bed. This time, I propped the door opened. He slept through the night, but he looks like an absolute giant in the play pen. So the next night, we decided to put Hudson back in his crib, and move the play pen to Jeremy and Niki's room where Kate was sleeping on the floor and Cason could sleep in the play pen. The 2 older boys were on a mattress in Hudson's floor. This night proved to be quite a gong show. Kate would not go to sleep. Levi came down around 10:30 to say Kate had woken him up by sitting on his face with NO diaper on!! He said she then woke Hudson up by talking to him. At 2:30 in the morning, Hudson woke up crying, so I went to see what was wrong. He couldn't figure out why those boys were on his floor. He said, "Mommy, this Hudson's room?" So, the third night, we moved Coleman and Levi into our room on the floor, and Hudson had his room to himself. He slept much better, and so did the boys!!
We had such a good visit with the Williams and besides my leather recliner getting a big rip in it, there was no damage!! Praise the Lord!! It was not fun saying good bye again to our friends. Sure do love that little Kate.
Then, it was on to VBS. I helped do the rec for ages 3-5. We had such a good time, but it was just so busy!! Jeremy & Niki left on the second day of VBS, and once I got home from ALL morning at VBS, we found out we had a showing that night. So, I frantically cleaned the house and got ready. As I was doing laundry, my dryer totally quit on me with a load of wet towels in there, and a load of wet sheets in the washer. All of this, and we were leaving the next day to go to the mountains!! UUGHH!!
So, finally on Thursday evening, we head out for a relaxing weekend away in the mountains at a friends cabin. Both Craig and I were looking forward to this weekend. We invited our friends Rob & April to join us. They have Abby 4, and Claire 10 months. What a fun time we had.
We had such a good visit with the Williams and besides my leather recliner getting a big rip in it, there was no damage!! Praise the Lord!! It was not fun saying good bye again to our friends. Sure do love that little Kate.

Then, it was on to VBS. I helped do the rec for ages 3-5. We had such a good time, but it was just so busy!! Jeremy & Niki left on the second day of VBS, and once I got home from ALL morning at VBS, we found out we had a showing that night. So, I frantically cleaned the house and got ready. As I was doing laundry, my dryer totally quit on me with a load of wet towels in there, and a load of wet sheets in the washer. All of this, and we were leaving the next day to go to the mountains!! UUGHH!!
So, finally on Thursday evening, we head out for a relaxing weekend away in the mountains at a friends cabin. Both Craig and I were looking forward to this weekend. We invited our friends Rob & April to join us. They have Abby 4, and Claire 10 months. What a fun time we had.
We went for walks, went to the lake, the kids played in the bouncy tent thingys, we relaxed, had a wonderful steak dinner, relaxed some more, rode the gondola a few times, walked some more. It was awesome!! And the cabin was free--which was a bonus as well. The only bad thing that happened while we were there, is the offer on our house fell through!! So, now we are back to trying to sell this place again. We are giving it until the end of July before we will take it off the market and try again in another year. I am so done showing a house!We got home last night, and Craig is leaving today for a few days for work. Hudson and I will stay home and hang out. We are leaving in 2 weeks--actually less than that--for another holiday. We are going to the lake to stay with Craig's parents in their condo. It's an amazing place. Just a block from the lake, playground, spray park, and all kinds of other things to do. Plus, we will have some babysitters on hand, so that means a few nights out for us. This is really our BIG holiday for the summer, so I can't wait. When we get back, I guess it's time for potty training and moving Hud to a big bed!! Let the fun begin!!
1 comment:
you guys are so busy and it all looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment