Well, first of all, not that many of you missed my little ol blog (because I have nothing earth shattering like homemade laundry detergent or how to use coupons for free stuff or 30 days of praise--go Emily, Tamra and Becky), BUT I'm backkkkkk!! Well, not really--because my DUMB computer is broke down and still at the computer shop! And just about when I get it back, we will be moving--starting on Tuesday, so I will be out of commission for a bit longer. But let me update you guys--anyone who cares on life in the last few weeks. But first, can I just say how much I missed reading all of your blogs???!!
Okay, we are moving to our new place on Tuesday. I have tried to be so organized in my approach to packing. Nothing went into a box that I haven't used in the last year. NOTHING! I LOVE organization--to a fault sometimes, but I love it. I need it. I have labeled EVERY box with contents and which room it goes to in the new house. I am feeling ready, but I know the chaos is about to begin. Craig's mom is coming to help with Hudson--and she is actually taking him to Edmonton with her to stay with Craig's sister for a few days. So, I am hoping to get the main floor and up the stairs and hallway painted while he is away. Big job, I know, but I do have help. We are getting new carpet upstairs, and Craig is installing our hardwood on the main (Yes, I am married to a handy man that isn't afraid to try stuff.) Good thing he learned to install hardwood on our friend's place first. In case you didn't know, I am a perfectionist, so Craig doesn't really like having me around when he's working--pointing out the flaws! HA!
Next, our computer died. I know you don't care about the details, but I HATE computer problems. So now we are trying to decide if we are just going to get a lap top.
Did I mention I started back to work? I work back at the seminary library. I started on Tuesday night. I work Tuesday evenings from 5:00-9:00, so Craig comes home from work at 4:30 on Tuesdays--he goes in early that day. I also work the first and third Saturday of each month from 10:00-2:00. So we are not paying for childcare. It gets me out of the house, and I feel like I am contributing a little to our finances--plus, so good for Craig and Hudson to spend some time together without me. And that's how I am able to blog right now--from the library.
What else? Hmmmm.....well, can't think of much else, plus got some work to do. I have tried to get caught up on all of you guys, but still need more time. Have missed you all.
6 comments:
I have missed your adventures. I was thinking that you were in the process of moving.... Good Luck on Tuesday. You have to take a few pictures to share with us all.
I was also wondering what happened to you! How exciting to work in the library. I have always wanted to try that. Good luck with your move! It will help a lot with Hudson gone for a while. It's amazing how much we can do without our kids around.
Ok...I was giving you grace because I thought you were MOVING!! And you were just LABELING??? We've missed you!!!!
Hi Marcy! I didn't know you guys were moving, er, moved! Congrats! Well, I'm following your blog now. Not stalking. Love ya!
I'm excited to see pics of your new house! I know it will be so cute!! You're so organized, Marcy! As I was reading your post, I was thinking about how I have plans to be organized about moving, but about halfway through I just start throwing everything I see into boxes out of sheer exhaustion! I admire you to no end!!
Where ARE you??? I highly suggest a laptop with a camera----then you can join the world of skype with us and do video calls!
Post a Comment