Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I can't believe it, but I did it!!
Well, as of today, Hudson will be going to a day home every Thursday morning for a few hours. I went back and forth with my decision--why would a stay-at-home mom put her child in a day home?? Well, the answer is actually simple--Hudson is an only child--so far, but God willing that will change! He is home with me ALL the time, and we have NO family anywhere around. I want him to be able to play with other kids and socialize--he's so social. Now that Craig and I are in at the infertility clinic, it will also be nice to have some time to schedule our appointments and not have to try to figure out childcare--that was really stressful to me. So, starting this Thursday, Hudson will be going to play RIGHT across the street from our house!! We checked out several places, and this one seemed to be the best fit for us. He was so excited to go over there today and see all those kids and all the toys! I am really excited for him--and who knows, I just might start going to a spin class in my free time! So, call me selfish, or I'd like to think of myself as ingenious, but either way, I have a 4 hour break coming to me once a week!! YES!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Way to go! I'm proud of you. It's hard for me to let go and give myself some time. GUILT! I am a not-so-proud owner of guilt. I've really got to cut it off of me.
But Jay has offered to let me go and work out twice a week while he stays home alone with the kids. I am not a morning person, so getting up early wasn't working for me. And I'm too scared to go out at night by myself, so that wasn't working for me. Anyway, TMI. Love you!
Good for you! You will be amazed at what 4 hours will do for you.
Selfish??? Um, no. That you are definitely not my dear! I cannot believe you have never had him in anything like that before. How old is he? Like 4? Wow. Bronwyn was in Parents Day Out at 18 months, Boaz at 10 months, and hopefully Holland will be in at about 1 as well. No guilt here! Just trying to keep some sanity! ;)
From one Mother's Day Outer to another: WELCOME!
I love it. I go to the gym, get coffee and enjoy every minute of it. I did however, ball my eyes out at the thought of sending Joshua to Kindergarten a year from August. I guess I have a little while to get used to the idea.
Heck no you're not selfish! I'm actually jealous of you. I wish my kids had somewhere to socialize and make friends, but instead, they're stuck with each other. Good for you, Marc!
I love that Hud is so social---kind of like my grandkids. He'll love it! (And I did the same thing at least 22 years ago. Mom's HAVE to have some down time or go crazy!!)
We did it this morning!! Hud had a great time. And I cleaned up our home office--filed a bunch of paper work that has been piling up for months! Unfortunately, canada doesn't have a mother's day out program in our town that I know of, or he would have been doing that years ago!
Post a Comment