Friday, September 11, 2009

My Kitchen Table

I bet from the title of this post, you thought there was going to be some sentimental post about eating dinner each night around our kitchen table--about the awesome meals served there, the good conversation, etc. BUT, in reality, this is what I feel my kitchen table looks like at least 70% of the time.




I guess that's what I get for having a crafty kid on my hands. Hudson LOVES to do crafts at the table. This poor table will never be the same. Its been colored on, painted on, glued on, glittered glued on, play doughed on (I know, I know, that's not a word). We've colored easter eggs here, played games, built a million things out of magnetic sticks, carved pumpkins, and mixed recipes. This table has taken a beating, and I can honestly say, I wouldn't change a single thing.


Today, Hudson's buddy, Abby, came over for awhile. We decided to put our old, used up crayons to use today. I let the kids have 3 muffin tins each, and we filled them with broken, old crayons. I heated the oven to 300, put the tin in for about 7 minutes, and after the cooled for about 30 minutes, the kids had these to color with....




They thought they were so cool. Abby kept saying, "these look like chocolate peanut butter cups!!" Fun times. I think this is what the kitchen table is for.

5 comments:

The Wright Five said...

They didn't try to eat them did they? ;)

Lindsey said...

I'll have to try this. What a great idea!

As We Are said...

You are a great Mom Marcy!

reddensroughhousers said...

Hey Marcy - I'm a new follower. Love your blog!

amy wright said...

I feel the same way about my table. I have to clean it off before every single meal. It's frustrating to me, but I guess i can look at it from your perspective. Your view of things is a lot happier. :)
I'm going to steal your idea. Fun!