


We started Hudson on his weekly allowance back in May--you may remember reading my blog on it. We decided that we would give him $3 a week (based on his age--I guess it will go up to $4 a week in March). He designed 3 different piggy banks when we started: (1.) Giving (or as Hudson calls it, his Jesus money), (2.) his savings, and (3.) his spending money. In Canada, we have coins for our dollar and 2 dollars instead of paper money, so when I started this adventure, I went to the bank for a roll of loonies (the dollar coin), a roll of quarters, and a roll of dimes. Each week, he puts 3 dimes in his giving bank for his "tithe", $1.50 in savings and $1.20 in his spending. I had noticed a few weeks ago, I was running out of coins, so I decided to count what he had in each box, and use the coins again. I would put in bills in place of the coins. I was surprised to find out that Hudson had $49.00 in savings, $4.90 in his giving box, and $20.15 in spending. Sidenote: We are in the midst of looking for a new church, so that's why his tithe is collecting in the box for now. Anyway, isn't it amazing how quickly $3 measly bucks can add up? I am sure we even missed a few weeks over the summer when we were traveling!!
4 comments:
Amazing! I think I need a savings box...
me too...
I love his decorated boxes. I was doing so good at the boys' allowance and I've forgotten about it. Maybe I should start that back up again.
Love it! Such a great idea. Though, I really can't believe it was back in May that you started this b/c I remember that blog and thought it had been about 2 weeks!
And a side note: we went with the Leimbacks to Borger last night to see the Bushland Falcons face off against the Bulldogs. Sorry chicas but the dogs got stomped! ;)
Post a Comment