Some of you may or may not know that I started going to see a personal trainer back in Septemeber. And other than me injurying my knee in a skating accident 3 weeks in, it's been awesome! I had to take 3 weeks off when I tore my MCL in my knee, and when I did start back, I had to take it easy. BUT, my knee continues to get stronger every day, and now I'm in such a great groove.
I initially went because--well obviously because I wanted to get back in shape and lose some weight. I was just getting bigger and bigger. We've had a rough few years, and I think I was just numb to life--in every way. Even to the point that I really had no idea I was gaining that much weight--but that's a different blog. So, once we moved, I decided to go get fit again. Before Hudson came along, Craig and I enjoyed a very active lifestyle. We hiked, mountain biked, ran, did a few races, and just stayed pretty active overall. Well, once Hudson came, that all went out the window for me. ANYWAY, so I still have so far to go, but I am so encouraged with the results I am seeing.
I love my trainer because she is all about TOTAL body fitness. She took one look at me and knew that my chest was REALLY tight. Also, my neck was hurting all the time. Well my chest is getting looser by the day and my neck rarely ever hurts any more. I am gaining more and more flexibility all the time and my back feels GREAT!
I have also lost inches and pounds. I have gained more and more stamina. I have energy like never before and I am HAPPY!! I legitimately feel happy! I feel stronger. I am going to the gym 5 days a week to work out--2 of which are with my trainer. It's finally become part of my routine. I am 6 weeks in--at going 5 times a week, and the results are amazing!! My trainer says the 12 week mark is magical. I can't wait. I am motivated like never before, and I am hoping by the summer to be as fit as I've ever been.
I haven't blogged on this yet because I knew once I did, I would be accountable. But now that I am doing so well, I am pretty sure this is one band wagon that I won't fall off.
4 comments:
Wow! I'm so proud of you. While we had a gym membership, I went all of about 40 times. I think that having a trainer (which I didn't have) is the key. Someone to motivate you and keep you accountable! Congrats on the results!!!
Really, really proud of you!
That's awesome! Good for you! I can agree with you that having a new body makes everything about life brighter!
Amazing!! Good for you! Watch out Canada, next summer Marci is going to be in a biniki!!
Post a Comment