This past week, Craig was in Calgary for meetings all week, so Hudson and I decided to go visit him for a few days. One night for dinner, we went to the Japanese Village--where the chef cooks everything right in front of you and does tricks and makes fires. ANYWAY, when our waiter was taking our order the conversation went a little something like this (yes, we do make Hudson give his own order--I think it's a great skill to practice speaking to people and building his confidence):
Waiter: For you, soup or salad
Hudson: ok, soup or salad
Waiter: Uh, you like soup or salad
Hudson: yes please.
Me: Hudson, he's asking if you want soup or salad. (Pause, Hudson is confused), so I quickly say that he'll take the salad.
A few minutes later, our salad arrives and Hudson was just pounding back his salad. I was suprised because I wasn't sure if he'd like the dressing.
Me: Wow Hud, you're really eating you're salad up!! It's so good for you. It will make you healthy and give you big muscles!
Hudson: Uh yeah Mom. Because it's a SUPER salad!!
So Craig and I died laughing. He thought that whole time he was ordering himself a super salad!!
5 comments:
Ha. What a kid. I love hearing Hudson stories.
We need to catch up some time. Email me your phone number and times that you are not busy and I'll give you a call.
Ha. What a kid. I love hearing Hudson stories.
We need to catch up some time. Email me your phone number and times that you are not busy and I'll give you a call.
That's hilarious! I just wish my kids would pound back salad. Maybe I should tell them it's super?
I LOVE it!! What a cute kid. I just wish you guys lived closer so I could see this kid in action. I'm so glad you finally blogged again!!
That's awesome!
I, like the others, am missing you too. Glad to hear from your world again!
Post a Comment