As of Monday morning, I am now 33! WOW! So far, I have LOVED the 30s--so all you out there not quite at 30 yet--it's fun! I had a wonderful birthday! Hudson and I were visiting Craig's parents, so I wasn't with my hubby on my birthday, but honestly, when you hear about my day, that won't matter. I LOVE to be alone! I LOVE it! So, on my birthday, I met a friend for lunch. After lunch, it was on to get my brows all waxed up (and I confess, my lip!! HA!). I then decided to go get my nails done too--just because I was enjoying my time alone so much. After that, I bought some new lip gloss (a little more than I would normally pay), and got back to the Halldens just in time for my birthday dinner! Fabulous day!
Some of the fun things I have learned in 33 years:
1. Life is not meant to be lived seriously!! Laugh--especially at yourself and your kids!!
2. Nagging does NOT work!! I hope to try to give this up soon! I have learned it doesn't work, so why do I do it?
3. Kids need naps. Keeping them from napping WILL not make them sleep better at night. They LOVE routine.
4. Kids do LOVE routine, but you have to stay flexible in that routine!
5. Money is just money. Share it--give it. Use it for God's kingdom!
6. There is NO such thing as a dream house!
7. It's hard to find time to exercise when you are a mom.
8. I cannot eat what I want, when I want and stay at a good weight. PERIOD!
9. Minus 40 degrees is indeed cold--and yes, things do stop working for no other reason but that it's "butt" cold!
10. I HATE dressing warm--but I must set a good example for my kid!
11. Men NEED affirmation, so why am I so stingy with my affirming words??
12. Staying at home is HARD some days!! Rewarding, but hard!
13. Making my bed EVERY day doesn't matter.
14. I am OCD for sure--I am acknowledging that now. It mostly comes out having to do with Hudson's toys!! I HATE losing things. Whether it's a part to a toy or a mitten, I cannot stand to lose things!
15. Life is short--save for retirement NOW!
16. I LOVE to travel.
17. Good friends--really good friends are HARD to find--hang on for dear life to all the ones you have. You absolutely cannot replace them.
18. Potty humor starts VERY early with boys!
19. It really is better to give than to receive. And I can honestly say I mean that now.
20. Life is not fair--get over it!
21. I need to feel love and accepted by my family for sure--even when I say it doesn't matter.
22. Kids learn way more by watching you live life than by a story you read to them at night.
23. We are met to share our lives with people!
24. Dogs do bring so much joy--even though they can be VERY annoying!! We love our Sadie.
25. You really only need to own ONE dog in your life.
26. Love on any and all kids EVERY chance you get. They can never have too much love!
27. There are definitely other countries just as good as good ol' US of A!!
28. I LOVE history. I LOVE to learn about history. History is SOOOO good!
29. God made me to be me--and no one else, so I don't need to compare myself to other moms and wives. Sure, I am a work in progress, but He has made me to be me--gentle and quiet spirit and all.
30. Vehicles are OVERRATED. Don't spend too much money on one to look cool!
31. I picked a good husband!!
32. Life goes by quickly, so enjoy each moment!
33. Do go on holidays and get aways with your husband. It's money WELL spent! Make the effort!
There you have it! 33 random things!
7 comments:
Marcy, great words of wisdom for your just 33 years! Happy late birthday! I'm glad you had a day alone. There is nothing like it.
You know...there may be something about that zodiac sign even though I thought it was bunk. I, too, like to be alone. That's my idea of a great day, too!
Gotta love that gentle & quiet spirit!!! You and me both, baby! (And Amy, too!)
I like your 33 random thoughts. I used to not like to be alone. But now that I have 3 kids, alone time is a need. I get to have it today when I get my hair cut. Yay!
Happy late birthday! Good for you on spending a little more than you should have on lip gloss!
Marcy, I loved reading your random 33 words of wisdom. I had to laugh at #14. I have known for some time that I have a lot of OCD in myself. And I can remember so well Tamra and Todd putting up their toys. Tamra always played with this cabinet my Daddy made for me when I was 4 or 5. Anyways, my Aunt Monnie gave Tamra all the little Tupperware dishes that came out for little girls when Tamra was like 3 years old. I can remember it like it was yesterday, me counting all of those crazy - no stupid dishes EVERY night when they were put up and if they all weren't there, I would hunt until I found them all. I about drive myself crazy sometimes and my husband. I have however learned to chill out SOME the older I get. Of course, I am not always having to keep up with toys anymore either! hahaha
And, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!
Good wisdom, Marcy! You have learned a lot in your 33 years... and i'm also glad to hear that the 30's are so fun! That's a relief!
;)
WE'll have to leave the morning of the 25th! But we're here from the 21st until then... will you be around? I'd love to let our kids play! I know B and Mendi will be here about that time range also...
Post a Comment