Tuesday, August 5, 2008
POTTY UPDATE
Well, today did NOT go as planned. Hudson never once did ANYTHING in his potty. Poor kid would sit and sit on that potty, and it just seemed within minutes of getting up and pulling up his big boy undies, he would pee. Then he would kind of cry and say, "Mommy, wash legs, wash legs!!" So, we are at it again tomorrow. I feel a little defeated, but I hope to gain some momentum and hit it hard again tomorrow. Thanks to all who gave advice--more is always welcomed if you think of more. I am just wondering if Hudson is too young--he won't be 2 1/2 until end of Septemeber, so maybe I should wait til then?? Who knows. I am going to try hard until the end of the week and see if he catches on. I will definitely keep all of you curious souls posted on our progress or lack there of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can I just say - I really dislike Potty Training?! I know that isn't encouraging at all but it was really hard with Isaiah. Of course he is a little stubborn so that didn't help and rewards (stickers, gum, buzz light-year)were useless with him. Kinda like spanking him - he takes them and keeps on trucking, yes he is my son.
My advice is know your child and work from that angle.... that is the only way it finally clicked with us. Isaiah doesn't sit still well. In fact sitting still is the best punishment for him. He in his little mind had equated sitting on the potty with sitting still and not being able to play - so he never wanted to do it, it was punishment.
So, we ended up having to take his sleep friend away (the only thing worst than sitting still)when he had an accident. We only took that step after we knew he could recognize when he needed to go potty but wasn't going. It was almost instant success with that strategy. He was three before we figured all that out.
Isaiah is also private and independent so he did not want us around, if we watched he almost never went and he really like the Cheerios to pee on.
The only other thing I will add is that he never liked the little potty so we put him on the big potty from the start. However, we faced him backwards so it wasn't so scary and so if he peed everywhere it only went on the lid of the toilet instead of the walls, floor and creation.
OK - this is long!
Post a Comment