Sometimes I dread lunch time because I never seem to have any fresh, healthy ideas for Hudson. But one of his all time favorites is the "toothpick" lunch. He usually cleans his plate when I serve him this, and I think its because he likes sliding the food off the toothpick. I usually chop up ham, cheese, cucumber, tomato (although I didn't have tomato today, so I used red pepper). I threw some carrots and pretzels on his plate to finish it off. He loves it! On a side note, I was having a hard time getting Hudson to eat baby carrots raw. I think they were too hard, so I tried slicing them into quarters, and it worked like a charm!! After he eats this toothpick lunch, he always pretends the toothpicks are birthday candles and he makes a birthday cake--which he thought of all on his own! Would love to hear some of your healthy ideas for kids' lunches!


5 comments:
Love this lunch! Looks like fun. Don't know how healthy it is, but my kids used to love hot dogs (turkey will work!) that I cut faces into and then boiled for a minute or so--it also works microwaved. It broadens the face on the hot dog. They also liked any sandwich that I cut into shapes or used cookie cutters to make it into a shape.
Don't get me addicted and then LEAVE! ha!
I like tortilla wraps with yummy tortilla flavors like sun-dried tomato. Sometimes tortillas are hard for kids to keep together, though. I hope that some people give you ideas because I'd like to read them.
As for an unhealthy mommy lunch :), go to
http://thepioneerwoman.com
and look under her cooking link at "Cowgirl food" and then "Pioneer Woman's Favorite Sandwich".
Okay, I haven't tried it yet, but it is on my list of priorities! It looks way good!!!
Marcy, I'm enjoying your blog! Hudson is so cute! Can't wait to see pics of your new (not blue) house.
Marcy .... I don't have any food ideas but I LOVED Hudson video WHAT A CUTIE ..... I want to see him he looks so fun... Well Gabe says Hello to Auntie Marcy and Hudson...
I thought that you might like the September issue of Parents. It has a few healthy lunch ideas in it on page 230. :)
Post a Comment