Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cheap Art, New Floors, & "Punkins"

I found a great way to decorate my walls that's cheap and easy, so listen up all your coupon mommas reading this, let your kids do it!! I went to the dollar store, picked out some paint that matched my living colors, and got some canvas. I let Hudson lose with the canvas, and here's what he came up with....



I got some CHEAP frames from Ikea, and cut the canvas to git the frames.



Here's a look with more perspective--oh yeah, notice my NEW floor??



Here's the floor. Please don't look at the messy pillows on the couch. I wasn't planning on revealing the new look just yet--just trying to show some floor.



Our friends, Herb & Brett working on the floor.



There's my man, working hard on the floor. He truly AMAZED me that he could really do this!

And now on to the "punkin" patch. That's how Hud says it. It was so fun, but SOOOOO cold. There was so much fun things to do there--a corn maze, a petting zoo, a pumpkin patch, hay bales built up as a mountain with slides coming down. We truly had a blast! And Hudson couldn't wait to get his punkin. He talked about that pumpking the whole way home!



Hudson looking at the rabbits.



Do we look cold? We were!!



Trying to find the perfect punkin. We went right away to the pumpkins to find "the one". Then we told Hudson we would come back for it after we did more things at the farm. Well, he wanted nothing of that. He broke into a sad, sad cry because he thought we weren't going to get a pumpkin. Craig decided to just carrying it around with us, and every now and then, Hudson would look at Craig and say, "Daddy, thank you! Thanks for carrying my punkin!" Too cute.



In front of the tractor



We had a "Punkin" party this past weekend. It was Canadian Thanksgiving, so we did pumpkin crafts, made pumpkin cookies, and carved our pumpkin. Hudson is maybe a little OCD about getting his hands dirty. After much encouragement, he decided he would help clean out the pumpkin.







Making his jack-o-lantern face. He loved that pumpkin. I love having kids and getting to do those kid kind of things again. It brings back such good memories!

5 comments:

amy wright said...

Your house looks great and I am very impressed with Hudson's art work.
My boys don't like to get their hands dirty either...Jay did that to them...he'd wipe their hands about 50 times during each meal. :)

OuR LiTtLe SmArTiEs said...

AWWWW!!!!! I love Hudson so much!!!!! I can't wait until Christmas

Emily Suzanne said...

cute house!!!

Becky Dietz said...

I'm so glad Hudson got a pumpkin! Hudson, you're very artistic!! Your paintings are beautiful!!
Love, love, love the orange chair!!!

Nicole said...

Marci, your house looks so pretty! The floors are gorgeous and so are the punkins. =)

I'll bet you are already well on the way to winter up there, huh? I'll admit that I'm kind of looking forward to another Iowa winter. I love the snow and this will be our first Christmas season here. It will be fun to have a white holiday season!