Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm Done!!

That's right, I'm done.....done talkin' politics on blogs and myspace. It wrecks relationships and people are misunderstood because you can't hear "tone of voice" in writing. When I go back and read what I have written, I always feel as if I sound angry. I am not angry at all--not even a little bit. I mean, sure, those who know me well, know I get fiesty and fired up, but I NEVER want to alienate or "talk down" to people, or make them feel bad for their opinions. Sorry if I did that to anyone who reads this. I guess I have a deep passion--not for politics, but because I have seen life in a different country. I have seen a different perspective. But I realize, I cannot seem to communicate my heart very well. To all of you who have worried that I have gone off the "liberal" deep end, I haven't. I'm still me--still Marcy--still from Borger, Texas, and with that comes the fact that I am Texan!! I LOVE AMERICA!! But, I love Canada, too. Canada does some things really well. Sure, there are things in our healthcare system that need "fixin", and there are things that Canada does not do well that American does REALLY well. So, before I go off on another tangent, I just wanted to say, "I'm done!!" I love all of you Texans WAY too much to even slightly jeopardize a friendship over politics.

On a ligher note, my incredible, good-looking, smart, hard-working, fun-loving husband finished our wood floors yesterday. Well, with the help of some awesome friends! The floors look amazing. I am so proud of Craig!! I will post pictures soon--as soon as I get everything set up.

Oh yeah, and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. We are celebrating our Thanksgiving this weekend. We took Hudson to the Pumpkin Patch tonight for a pumpkin. He had a ball. More to come on that and pictures.

Thanks for hearing my ramblings.

6 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

Never worried a minute. Love you, girl. Can't wait to see that good-looking hus...floor!

My Family said...

Nothing wrong with having a different perspective and sharing. Although not everyone will agree, everyone should be able to voice those opinions. I am a proud Texan too, who to much of the chagrin of her family, lives in "liberal" California. Cheers to you for having an opinion and saying what you mean without detected spite and bitterness.

Anonymous said...

Marcy, I am Tamra's Mom (I met you once at her baby shower) and found your blog through hers and those Dietz women. haha Isn't that part of being American? That we have the right to speak our opinions? I am married to a wonderful guy who is sometimes also mistaken in what he says. He is a very passionate man in what he believes. And when he is speaking "his mind or opinion" people often think he is upset. Not always (hahaha) true. I hate to see anyone feel that they have to keep it to themselves and I always admire people who are able to put it all out there. From someone who usually keeps it to herself. Thanks for sharing what your life is about up there.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I felt as if we were just becoming friends. What will I do now? (in a silly tone of voice). :)

Emily Suzanne said...

Marcy, I hope i didn't come across in that other comment like I thought you were bitter. I was just saying that I'm in the middle ground on a lot of issues and I see bashing happening from both sides... I wasn't insinuating anything about you personally. I want to give each candidate a chance and really hear what they have to say... I enjoy hearing about your experiences in Canada both politically and economically... I love hearing about how people do things differently than we do.

I agree with you 100% about how some Christians give the group as a whole a bad name... frustrating to me as well!
And I'm excited to read that book Jay recommended!
So, I'm essentially hoping you aren't talking about me when you talk about wrecking friendships. I felt absolutely no animosity whatsoever... that was my tone... "conversational"... as it almost always is. :)

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Emily, I hope you check this again, and if you do, let me know, so that I will know we've communicated. No, no, no, no, no, it had NOTHING to do with your comment. I took your comment--and everyone else's for that matter, just as they were intended. Please don't feel bad. I was more talking about something else I had going on somewhere else--and it made me think maybe my blog had sent the wrong message as well. Thanks for caring, but I wasn't thinking of you at all! Hope all is well.