
A few weeks ago, Craig came home from work with an idea. He wanted Hudson to take riding lessons. Then I asked, "What kind of riding lessons?" I knew the answer before he could even spit it out!! Horse back! Maybe now I should give you a little history. Craig LOVES horses--has since I have known him. In his perfect world, we would live out in the country with a handful of horses and ride our horses all the time. The problem is, is that he married me!! I don't want to live in the country, and I definitely don't want to be tied down to the commitment of owning a horse, so needless to say, I try to kill that dream every chance I get. Well, that Craig, he's a smart one. I think he thinks if he gets Hudson interested in horses, than this ol' Momma will cave--he might be right.
Back to the story....Craig wanted Hudson to take weekly lessons, but we found out he's too young to start now. We know a family at our church that owns a few horses, and they have a couple of sons in their early 20s. Craig decided to ask if one of the boys would be interested in letting Hudson come out and get acquainted with their horses (we would pay them to teach Hudson about feeding, and caring for horses). They were really excited about this possibility. Well, last week, Justin phoned Craig and asked if he wanted to take Hudson out to help feed the horses. YES, of course!!!
Hudson had a blast. He got right in there and brushed and fed the horses. He loved being out there with them. He was even able to ride one bareback. I was sure he would be a little reserved or even a bit scared of such a big animal, but apparently, he wasn't scared at all. Of course, Craig comes home talking about what will we do if Hudson takes a pretty big interest in horses?? HA--I knew it!
Enjoy the pictures of Hudson riding Buckwheat. He's still talking about it, and funny enough, as much as Craig makes fun of me for blogging and doing facebook, THIS blog was his idea.

5 comments:
Ha that is funny... Hud looked way cute on the horse I might add!
Aw, what a cutie. He looks like he was born for the country! You need to dig that Texan accent back out, because your gonna be a cowgirl!!
He looks like he has done that before! Too cute.
Tammy
Marcy, Marcy, Marcy...don't be a dream killer! And really! A handful of horses??? You're a better Texan than that!
Becky, I knew you were going to say that!! I thought about you so much when I even typed "killing" the dream. I don't really mean that I want to kill that dream totally--there is compromise though!
Post a Comment