Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hudson & Jesus

In the last few months, Hudson has really been talking about Jesus quite a bit. One night while Craig was tucking him into bed and they were about to pray, Hudson said something like, "Daddy, look, Jesus is just right here!" When Craig asked where, Hudson pointed to the side of his bed and said, "just right here."

Then the other day in the car as we were driving, he goes, "Mommy, Jesus can shine, huh?" So I say, "Yep baby, he sure can!" Then Hud says, "the sun can shine, and the moon can shine, and Jesus can shine, but we don't shine, do we?" My reply--"No, we don't, but Jesus does!!"

A few days later, we are in the garage getting into the van, and he pulls another one. "Mommy, is Jesus the Lord?" Then I say, "Yes, Hudson he is the Lord." Then of course he replies, "God is the Lord, too, huh Mommy?" I chuckle and say, "Yep, He is!!" Then Hudson just smiles.

Well, I am beginning to think maybe Hudson has a tighter relationship with Jesus than I do--sitting on the bed talking with him, knowing His glory shines for all to see, and that He is our Lord!! WOW, out of the mouths of babes.

But just the other day, we were going to the playground (yes, in this freezing cold, we have to go out or else I will die of cabin fever!!). Of course, my little Jesus freak precedes to tell me that Jesus will be accompanying us to the playground. So, I'm think, is he really seeing Jesus???? So I say, "Oh really? What is he going to be wearing?" Well, what a dumb question--as Hudson quickly replies, "His Jesus shirt, Mommy!!"

2 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

that is so cute! Nothing like a sweet little voice talking about Jesus to melt a heart... and make you really think about the spiritual realm!! wow.

amy wright said...

I love to hear this. There is nothing like talking to your own kids about Jesus and answering all of those hard, curious questions.
And I love that Jesus has a Jesus shirt. :)