So this morning, we were getting ready to go meet Clifford, the big red dog, and I was in my bathroom doing my hair and make up while Hudson was watching some morning cartoons in my bedroom. All of the sudden, I hear him workin' hard on something--I could tell he was trying to keep his poop in, so I came rushing out of the bathroom and asked him if he needed to poop. And then, the conversation went a little something like this:
Me: Hudson, do you need to poop?
Hudson: Yes I do.
Me: Well, hurry, let's go (I go running to scoop him up and take him to the potty--while sprinting toward the bedroom, he stands up and starts walking funny). Oh Hud, did you poop in your underwear?
Hudson: Yes I did. But don't be naughty to me. Are you mean to me?
Me: Do you remember what Mommy said would happen next time you pooped in your underwear?
Hudson: (Crying now), but are you not mean to me? Are you happy? I don't want a mean spank on my bum. Don't spank my bum.
Me: (while cleaning him up), After you're done on the potty, I am going to have to spank your bum. I don't want to, and I don't like to, but I told you if you pooped again in your underwear, you would get a spank.
Hudson: (still crying) But can you give me a happy spank? Not a mean spank? I don't want a hard spank. I want a happy spank. Are you happy at me? Can I have a happy spank?
Me: (still cleaning him up and trying so hard not to laugh--and thinking of what to say next about a happy spank. Basically, I just keep letting him talk while he's finishing up on the potty. Then I take him off the toilet to wipe his bum. After I am done wiping, I cracked his bum 2 times).
Hudson: (done crying by now, receives his spank--which was hard enough to be felt. His eyes now feel with tears again, but they don't spill out onto his cheek--his lip is quivering just a bit, but he manages a slight smile as he says...) Thanks Mommy for my happy spank!!
Awww, what a guy! He's SO easy to discipline because he doesn't want me to be mad or disappointed with him--he hates it. So he's always looking for a new angle to make sure we are happy with him. I did scoop him up, and gave him a big hug as I explained that I don't enjoy spanking him, and I never want to, but his actions have consequences--BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. But, he definitely does need the extra love and encouragement after being disciplined! It's going to prove to be a challenge for me to handle this little spirit of his with such loving care--careful not to crush him--and yet, I am finding myself being extremely intentional, so that's a good thing! Anyways, here's a little picture after the incident of him meeting Clifford. Most of the other kids there were scared, but Hudson ran through the door screaming Clifford!! Clifford was kneeling down, when Hudson ran to him and knocked him over and hugged him tight!


If you haven't yet, read my previous blog on how I bug Craig--and let me hear how you bug your hubby!
6 comments:
So sweet.... I would have lost it and laughed.
Isaiah asked me the other day if I could give his spanking instead of Daddy. Bryan asked him why? Isaiah said "She doesn't swing as hard!" I have a constant negotiator on my hands.
That is hilariously precious! Several months ago when I would get upset with Addie, she would say, "Mommy are yer happy? Are yer not naughty?" implying that my disappointment/anger/frustration was naughty. Ryan, on the other hand, still kicks and screams and fights us every time he gets a spanking. I'm glad you have one that takes it "like a man" and gets over it quickly!
What a sweet guy!! Probably going to be a preacher.
Hilarious!
Beck,
How do you get preacher out of that story??
Preachers poop in their pants. Didn't you know that?
Post a Comment