I know from time to time, we all rant about the little (or not so little) things are husbands do that we just don't get--or that just plain ol' BUG us. Well, last night, I went out for coffee with a friend, and when I got home at around 10:30pm, I decided to rearrange my living room--again and again and again. Craig had long since gone to bed, and I had a little chuckle to myself because I could just see him rolling his eyes as we went by to go up to bed. Then I started thinking about all the things I do that I know annoy him, and I came up with a pretty good list, so I decided to share with you what some of those things are....
1. I do decide to rearrange furniture often late at night, and I stay up LATE doing it. Craig just doesn't understand why it can't wait until tomorrow! BUT, it just can't because I will lay in bed awake thinking about it--so I must do it!!
2. When I want something done, I want it done NOW. Craig is a lot more relaxed, let's wait awhile before we get it done--so I usually start a project without him--which forces him to quit watching hockey to come help me :).
3. My hair all over the bathroom. I know, that is kind of gross, but I shed like crazy--and it definitely annoys my husband!
4. I have a bad habit of letting the dishes pile up in the sink--even though the dishwasher is empty! Don't ask--I don't know why I started doing that. I am trying to quit.
5. Leaving all my crap (hair dryer, straightening iron, toiletries) on top of our vanity. I never used to do that either, but now I do--Craig gets so annoyed by all those cords!! I have even put things in place to combat it, but I don't use it! HA!
6. Not ever knowing what I am going to do for dinner--and always asking him what he wants. He doesn't care, he just wants a good meal. I need to be more prepared.
7. Lifting heavy stuff because I get in a hurry to get stuff done, and not waiting for him to get home. For instance, last week, I was trying to organize the garage, and we had the back bench out of the van--and I decided I wanted it back in the van, so I huffed and puffed and put it back in there--all by myself. He just shakes his head when he gets home--but tells me I am going to hurt myself one of these days! Then I could tell he was kind of proud that I did do that ALL by myself!
8. Read at night in bed when he is trying to go to sleep. That little light on my bed side table keeps him from going to sleep. Oh, he hates when I stay up late reading in our bed.
9. Me watching Jon & Kate, when he walks in--he hates that show!
10. When I disrespect him--especially in front of other people. I REALLY try not to do that, but sometimes, it does happen. I know it's hard to believe that! But I honestly do get why I should not do this.
11. Not cleaning out my car as often as I should.
12. How I sneeze--I just let 'er rip--nothing quiet about it--and it does spray.
13. I am a total backseat driver. Sometimes, instead of saying words, I just do HUGE gasps! Oh man, that really bugs him.
So, there's a few things that came VERY quickly to my mind. I am sure I could think of maybe a few more--as I am sure that I don't do TOO MANY things that bug him ;). But I decided to leave with one thing he does that annoys me---when he pees in the morning before he goes to work, he doesn't flush the toilet!!! So, every morning, I go into a bathroom with pee in the toilet! UGH, that's seriously gross. But he claims he doesn't want the flushing of the toilet to wake me. I say flush away, PLEASE!! I have noticed this seems to be a Canadian way of thinking--not flushing pee in the wee hours of the morning because they are trying to be considerate. I have adopted many things Canadian, but this is one I CANNOT and will not do!
5 comments:
Oh my - I should be studying but I needed a break...I laughed so hard! Bryan gets so frustrated me for some of the very same things!
Ok, once again I am noticing some similarities between the two of us. Especially that I want things done NOW, not later and I will stay up late to get things done even when David doesn't get it. Thankfully it doesn't bother David for me to read in bed, but it really bugs me when he plays w/ his iPhone while I'm trying to sleep. Go figure! I bet your living room looks great!
I do a lot of these things, too. So, I guess you can tell Craig that you are either normal, or you are blessed with a lot of weird friends.
Oh Marcy! You made me laugh. I love it. Your blog is quite entertaining.
paul does the same ....doesn't flush the toilet in the early morning or during the night if he gets up. there is always pee in the toilet when i get up, he says he doesn't want to wake me and it is a waste of water to flush so many times!!
Post a Comment